Friday, October 26, 2012

Dig a Sentence

On Pinterest I saw this great idea for "digging deeper sentences." Here's the original post: Mrs. Meacham

Where I found it: http://mrsmeachamclassroom.wordpress.com/2011/10/20/167/ 


I used this idea on my whiteboard with 3rd grade and 6th grade language groups, and they all loved it! This idea works for: 
*grammar
*asking/answering questions
*story retell
*summarizing
*writing sentences
*organizing ideas

Since I got a good response from my students, I made it into a paper-pencil format and made a homework practice page. Download this freebie from my TpT store HERE. 4-page packet includes 1 version with visuals and 1 version without...homework for each. 

Dig a Sentence handout without visuals

Dig a Sentence Homework page with visuals


Leave a comment: what do you think? Who will you use this with? 


3 comments:

  1. I really like this! I'm always encouraging my students to give more and this is a great visual! Thanks.
    Nicole at allisonspeechpeeps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING this! This will be great for my students. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete